Franklin Makeover: IMAGINATION
This week my makeover is focusing on Imagination
My understanding is that visualization takes place in the imagination. "It is the process of making mental images, making these images clear and clean cut, Haanel part 7. Visualization is a product of the imagination, and is therefore a product of the subjective mind, the world within, Haanel part 9.
Part of Imagination comprises-Conception; image in the mind; idea. Contrivance; scheme formed in the mind; device, (1828 Webster Dictionary). We would define imagination to be the will working on the materials of memory; not satisfied with following the order prescribed by nature, or suggested by accident, it selects the parts of different conceptions, or objects of memory, to form a whole more pleasing, more terrible, or more awful, than has ever been presented in the ordinary course of nature, (Ed.Encyc.).
Our mental attitude is our personality. It is composed of the thoughts we create in our own mind. Haanel states in part 21, "The mental attitude is patterned after the mental pictures which have been photographed on the brain; if you do not like the pictures, destroy the negatives and create new pictures; this is the art of visualization. "
Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
Leave not your world to chance, use your imagination, visualize large ideas. Create in your imagination ideals that are sharp, and definite.
Chapter eight discusses the imagination at length…Let us recapture the essence of Imagination...
1. The cultivation of the imagination leads to the development of the ideal out of which your future will emerge.
2. The imagination gathers up the material by which the Mind weaves the fabric in which your future is to be clothed.
3. Imagination is the light by which we can penetrate new worlds of thought and experience.
4. Imagination is the mighty instrument by which every discoverer, every inventor, opened the way from precedent to experience.
5. Imagination is a plastic power, molding the things of sense into new forms and ideals.
6. Imagination is the constructive form of thought which must precede every constructive form of action.
7. Imagination is the matrix in which all great things are fashioned.
Visualize abundance, weave your inner world with opulence--materials of the finest quality, create a firm foundation that is built upon principle, and you will know that you have unlimited potential.
I would like to share a video my sweet friend Alice Eubank Alice E's Master Key blog used in one of her blogs, it fits perfectly with what we can accomplish through our imagination. Limitations cannot stand in our way, when we think and put our creative energy to work for us. I loved this video where Phil Hansen learned to embrace the shake and a whole new world of art manifested itself…please enjoy.